Water and Sewer Billing Department
The City of Marengo Water and Sewer Billing Department is located at:
Marengo City Hall
132 E. Prairie Street
Marengo, IL 60152
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Billing Clerk: Marcia Pal
Phone: 815-568-7112 – EXT. 211
**Well Sample Testing– The McHenry County Department of Health recently stopped offering discounted well sample testing to residents of McHenry County. To view of recommended laboratories, click HERE.
Contact the Billing Clerk for:
- Water/Sewer Billing questions or inquiries Water /Sewer billing payment plans
- Water quality issues (rusty water, water odor) Sewer backups
- Water line locates Water main shutoffs
- Water meter installation
- Final Water/Sewer meter readings
After hours or on weekends, Water/Sewer bills can be dropped off in the 24 hour drop box located at the main entrance to City Hall on Prairie Street. Currently, Water/Sewer bills can be paid by check or cash only. Payments can also be made via Illinois E-Pay by clicking on the E-Pay.
Water conservation is important. Conserving water is not only important for the future of our planet, but it will help with keeping your water bills low.
Some helpful water conservation tips are:
- Check your toilet for leaks by putting food coloring into the water tank. If the food color appears in the toilet bowl, you have a leak.
- Check your water softener to see if it is over charging.
- Check your hot water heater for leaks.
- Check for leaks in pipes, hoses, faucets and couplings.
- Water your lawn only when it is needed and always water during the cool part of the day.
- Check for running hoses or sprinklers.
- Use your automatic dishwasher only for full loads.
- For information on the water consumption and the expense of leaks visit the USGS website